Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by whatsacow, 27.01.2015 - 10:19
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2015 at 04:00

Since playing the newly released Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale was a pleasant experience, I decided to give the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2 a shot. Eh. the tightened UI and bug fixes were nice, but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

Example: You're exploring a long-forgotten tomb when an a giant sword-wielding undead badass cuts off your path and asks "What are you doing here?!" and one of the responses is "I'm having a three catastrophic bad ideas per day phase, and I'm counting the visit to this tomb as two".

I got a chuckle out of it, but it just doesn't fit the mood. But there are numerous quality-of-life improvements that eliminate some really frustrating features of the original, like greatly increasing the size of the arrows/scrolls/potions you're allowed to stack in the same inventory spot, thus decreasing the tedious micro-managing, balancing some spells, giving better ability/spell descriptions etc.

I'm interested: Would you recommend this or the original with mods? I get the feeling that this is mainly for people who think modding is too complicated or Ipad users. Is that the case? Although, tbf, I'd totally get this on ipad.
17.02.2024 - 04:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
GTA SA. Cruising along the highway from Los Santos to San Fierro with Blood stain Child's Stargazer playing as I 'acquire' cars for the import/export list.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.02.2024 - 16:23
nonZero
Elden Ring DLC is out on 21st June for any fans who missed it:

----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
08.04.2024 - 20:27
ylside
Staff
Just finished Dreams in the Witch House, excellent adventure game. It's an adaption of the Lovecraft story baring the same name.
13.04.2024 - 08:57
Jope"Steele"Nada
Steelemeister
I thought it would be the best just to buy one game this time -- being a tunnel brainer -- and it was Tyranny. I'm not totally liking it, besides the similarities to Pillars of Eternity, I don't really find much good things to say about. The game feels pretty limited with character creation; and with other stuff too, like the locations seem too small and there is very little to interact with, like a lack of characters. Somebody wrote on steam reviews that game appears like half unfinished, and I pretty much agree with that statement. I prefer Pillars of Eternity and Torment Tides of Numenera to this.

The game gives me the impression that there might be some interesting developments when you proceed further and see how the relations to the characters and factions will result -- maybe that is even the whole point of the game. Let's find out !
----
My vision is augmented
18.04.2024 - 10:00
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Back to Skyrim again. Altmer sneak mage called Penny Arcane. Illusion, conjuration and sneak.
----
21.04.2024 - 08:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 18.04.2024 at 10:00

Back to Skyrim again. Altmer sneak mage called Penny Arcane. Illusion, conjuration and sneak.

Have you tried any of Rugby games? I wanna buy soon.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2024 - 23:43
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Bad English on 21.04.2024 at 08:08

Still playing Rugby League 2, that came out in 2005. Since I can't use controllers, I haven't played any more recent ones.
----
23.04.2024 - 10:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 21.04.2024 at 23:43

Written by Bad English on 21.04.2024 at 08:08

Still playing Rugby League 2, that came out in 2005. Since I can't use controllers, I haven't played any more recent ones.

;o man its weird I cant stand so old games any more due graphics. 2010 is close I cxan play , I prefer more modern grapicks
I have watched many new rugby games, one day I will buy one.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.05.2024 - 00:03
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Currently trying to get all achievements in Hotline Miami 2, which is basically torture. I'm only missing a few A+ ratings and the 50 000 kills to finally get there but those Richter missions are so absurdly hard to get a good rating in, you need to full combo the whole level.
I love this game so much
Best soundtrack in any game ever btw
Today - 09:54
ylside
Staff
Written by Roman Doez on 11.05.2024 at 00:03

Currently trying to get all achievements in Hotline Miami 2, which is basically torture. I'm only missing a few A+ ratings and the 50 000 kills to finally get there but those Richter missions are so absurdly hard to get a good rating in, you need to full combo the whole level.
I love this game so much
Best soundtrack in any game ever btw

Yeah really good game, one of my favs